Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Honey Lime Chicken & Veggies

This has become my quick go-to weekday meal when I just don't know what to make! It's so simple, yet Sebastien always has seconds (or thirds)! It's always nice when he gets excited about it every time we have it. Plus it's made with stuff that we always have at the house, so I don't ever have to make a special trip to the grocery store - amazing :)

Ingredients:
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
10 ounces chicken (I usually use 2 chicken breasts)
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 bags Asian veggies (steam in the bag kind - picture below!)


Directions:
1. In large plastic bag, combine flour & cayenne pepper. (I've started using more cayenne than just the 1/4 tsp because we like our food hot!)
2. Add 10 ounces cut into strips. Shake to coat.
3. Brown chicken in butter on all sides.
I cut them smaller before serving, but it's easier to cook this way!

4. Combine lime juice, honey, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce & pour over chicken.
5. Cook 1 - 2 minutes.
6. Add veggies to the pan (after you've steamed them of course) & mix it around just to get the sauce on everything... duh.
7. Enjoy!



*Last time I made this (last night), I added a little more of everything so we had more sauce to cover all the veggies. We're having the leftovers tonight! Perfect :)

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment