Saturday, November 13, 2010

Red Snapper & Black Beans

While waiting for the Texas Bar Results to come out, there was no doubt in my mind that Sebastien had passed. However, when we found out it was actually true we wanted to celebrate!! Instead of going out to a fancy dinner, I decided to clean the house & cook one myself... ah the celebration of the poor :)

Here is Tobias waiting in the clean family room 

Even though the snapper was a bit pricey, this dish turned out yummy, so it was worth it for a once in a while type of thing!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
3 Tbs chopped red onion
2 Tbs olive oil, divided
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp salt, divided
1/8 tsp pepper, divided
1-2 drops hot pepper sauce (although I added a lot more!)
3 Tbs flour
2 red snapper fillets, 8 oz each (you can also use grouper)
1.5 tsp butter
1 Tbs minced fresh cilantro

Directions:
1. In saucepan, combine beans, onion, 1 Tbs oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1/8 tsp salt, dash pepper, & pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, over low-heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.

2. Meanwhile, in shallow bowl, combine flour, & remaining salt & pepper. Dip fillets in flour mixture.

I wasn't sure if I could cook it with the skin on or not, so I decided to take it off...grossest thing EVER. It felt sooo fishy.

3. In a large skillet, heat butter and remaining oil over medium heat. Cook fillets 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top with bean mixture; sprinkle with cilantro.






Not the best picture, but I love when my boys play together!! And how do you like our "kitchen table"??  It doubles as a coffee table. HA! 

 Hope you enjoy making this dish too!!

XOXO,

1 comment:

  1. How inspiring :) I'm going to cook it for Pete and my Dad next week in Denver

    ReplyDelete