Monday, November 8, 2010

Rally to Restore Sanity

So this is a little bit late, but on October 30th I took advantage of living in DC & went to my first "political" rally! Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert (of The Daily Show and Colbert Report fame, respectively) put on a Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear on the National Mall. There was an estimated 250,000 people in attendance to hear the musical guests and other speakers.

Sebastien & I got separated from our group and thought we would just catch up with them when we got there...didn't happen.
Here I am sporting my Halloween shirt!

Always exciting to see the Capital

People on their way to the Rally

These people were from Hawaii!! Crazy

There were so many people there our phones didn't even work!

This is where we waited until we got in. 

There were 3 different sections - VIP (who knows how you get in there!), Special Guest (had to have a ticket), and regular...ew. No one wants to be just regular! So I sat on an electrical box until we convinced the guards at the gate (yes guards!) to let us in as Special Guests :)

SWAT Team!

Collective Cheek Pop!

Haha I liked this instruction - laugh like a mad scientist! This is the view from my seat on the box

Kid Rock

Finally Inside!!!! WOO!

It was a really fun day with GREAT weather!! The overall message was basically think for yourself. Try to see through the games that are being played in the media and politics right now and vote for who you think is right and who can change what needs to be fixed. There was no blatant support for either democrats or republicans, which I thought was great. Thank you Jon & Stephen!!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment