Monday, July 19, 2010

Miss International Pageant 2010 - Days 1&2

Howdy from Chicago!! Ok so the picture is of the musical, but it's still cool!! Mom & I actually got here on Saturday afternoon, but we have been busy little bees since arriving! We woke up early, early (5:17am - AH!) on Saturday morning, got ready, finished packing (me), & headed to the airport! Sebastien came over to pick us up (coffee in hand like the sweet boyfriend that he is!) & of course had to help us carry our luggage to the car. We have...drum roll please... too much stuff! Duh. We're going to a PAGEANT! But I have to admit it was a little excessive. Even though Mom & I both made lists of clothes for the week (mine was a color-coded Excell sheet! COOL!), we still probably over packed. What can ya do?

As we sloooowly made our way to check our bags at the airport, the man behind us offered to help us with our bags since he only had a carry-on - see duffle bag above. I'm guessing he's just going somewhere for the day because who can just take one bag anywhere?? HA. The airport check-your-bags guy even turned a blind eye to the fact that one of my bags was overweight - so sweet! So we made it to Chicago without incident! Our hotel is great & the staff is really nice. The cookies at check-in are D-E-LICIOUS! After we unpacked everything, we took a nap :)

Saturday evening was the Mrs. International finals competition, so I made my way over to the theater to cheer on Mrs. Texas, Natalie McLarty. She looked absolutely fabulous & represented our state well!! I also got to meet some of the other Miss Contestants at that pageant, so that was a lot of fun!

Sunday we discovered that there is a grocery store right next door & then across the street - dun dun dunnnnn - a mall!! We went & got some food for the week & then did some SHOPPING! Nordy's is having a fall sale already, so as you can imagine our suitcases will be even more full on the way home :)

Sydney, Simone, their momma, Kristin, Isabella, my mom, & I all went to dinner last night & had a blast! Today is my first day of activities - Orientation tonight at 8! I'm so excited to get things started & share what I've been doing to promote Breast Cancer Awareness & Early Detection as Miss Texas International!! I'll try & post a blog each day about the activities so you can keep up :) Have a wonderful week, I know I will!!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment