Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Miss International 2010 - Days 3&4

My time in Chicago is going by so quickly!! I can't believe it's already Tuesday night!!!!! Monday was a lazy day for Momma & I. We were thinking of going into the city because she has never been, but instead we stayed in the room so she could continue sewing my Fun Fashion outfit - talk about last minute! But it looks FABULOUS, & she is the absolute BEST mom for making it for me! It's almost done - very exciting!

Then Monday night pageant activities finally started! Orientation was really great! Here I am in our messy room before going down.
Not only did I get to meet the other girls, but we had two incredible speakers from Go Red For Women. They were both women in their 20's who suffer from heart disease. I couldn't do their stories justice by trying to post them here, but let me just tell you I was truly touched. One of the girls was in her early 20's & just had her 5th heart surgery. I can't even IMAGINE what that is like. It just goes to show us that heart disease is real & can effect anyone! Please visit www.goredforwomen.org  to learn more about the signs, your risk, & what you can do to stay heart healthy!!

Today we met early in the lobby & boarded a bus to Navy Pier in downtown Chi Town.
We went on a SeaDog (speed boat!) to view the city from the water & then went to the contemporary art museum. That just reaffirmed what I already knew - I don't understand contemporary art AT ALL. Ah well. Then we headed to the Boys & Girls Club for lunch, autograph signing, picture coloring, & general merriment :) They were soooo fun!!! Here I am with my bff, Frankie
We had a blast! In about 30 minutes we have a cocktail party where we get to dress up allll fancy! YAY! I will start taking more pictures, but in the mean time you can check out Paula's website. She is the photographer for the week!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment