Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Miss International 2010 - Days 5-9

Looks like I got really behind on updating my blog while I was away!! Chicago kept me BUSY BUSY BUSY, but it paid off because I am the new MISS INTERNATIONAL 2010!!! But that's skipping ahead. I want to be fairly detailed with my account of Nationals because I want the girls for next year to be able to come back & read this, so they will feel really prepared!

The cocktail party on Tuesday night was really great! All the girls looked so beautiful, & after dinner we got to hear a great motivational speech about finding our destiny. My favorite part was when he reminded us that our goals should not be something where we don't have control of the final outcome. Those types of things (pageants, sports, etc) should be our fantasies, but our goals should be things that we want to accomplish that we can control. It was a great concept to keep at the front of our minds as we went into pageant week! Here I am with some of the other contestants & again with Sydney (my Teen) & Kristin (our director - and Director of the Year Award Winner!!!)
Wednesday we went to the Skokie Public Library (which is AWESOME), & we got to read to the children. Here is our group!
Later Wednesday, we had rehearsals! Thursday morning was interviews. Hardest interview I've ever had!! Which was actually good. I like a challenge :) I didn't take a picture of my group before going into interviews though. Sad! Later that day was more rehearsals!! Mostly we just watched the Teens because they had their prelims that night. I loved going to watch them because they were all so amazing! Every girl had stage presence & confidence to be admired. Here I am with some of the gals before Teen Prelims

Friday was rehearsals - EARLY!! And all day long! Teens had the day off...lucky girls. Then Friday night was the Miss Prelims. I loved seeing all the girls' Fun Fashion outfits & Evening Gowns. I wish I had taken more pictures! Our opening number outfits were HOT! What do you think??
Saturday was more rehearsals & then FINALS!!! I was thrilled to be called into Top 10 along with my Teen!! And I was even more excited when she was called 3rd Runner Up. She really did wonderful!! And after the 4 runners up were called, I was okay with the fact that I had made Top 10. I was happy with that placement, so you can imagine my surprise when I was announced as the new Miss International for 2010!! WOW! Look at this amazing TOP 10!

And below is Top 5 in order at the Coronation Ball following the pageant

Finally, below I am with Clay & Joey from the Competitive Image. I am so very excited to work with them this whole year as they are sponsors for the Miss International Pageant!! They do beautiful photos & fabulous wardrobe. Look for many posts about my visits to Alabama to see them!!

Again, I am so thrilled at being crowned Miss International. A big thank you to my mom (who made my fun fashion!) & to all the girls who let me borrow clothes & shoes to complete my pageant week wardrobe - y'all are the best! And I am happy to report that I won each category at Nationals just like I did at State! Couldn't have asked for a better week with a better group of girls!! Thanks for your support!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment