Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Miss Texas International 2010

First of all, I have to give a shout out to Miss Haley for letting me borrow her awesome wardrobe J and to my fabulous Momma for all her help!! She drove down from Dallas to Houston on Thursday then drove with me to San Antonio on Friday and then we drove back on Sunday night and got home at 3am! She acted as my personal assistant the whole weekend & did it with such happiness & willingness – I am so so so lucky!!! Here’s a rundown on the pageant weekend:

Friday
Orientation was fun! Each contestant introduced herself & shared a little about her platform, & we all got a cute bag full of pageant goodies!! The 3 outgoing queens shared a little about their year, & they had prepared a slideshow together of pictures from their year. I really enjoyed hearing what each of them had to say, & I’m excited to start a year just like that myself! I went to dinner with Miss Rockport, Courtney, & one of her friends who came to cheer her on. We had lots of fun!

Saturday
My interview on Saturday was at 11 am. Each girl had five minutes one-on-one with each of the five judges. I was asked a lot about my platform (Breast Cancer Awareness & the Susan G. Komen Foundation – www.komen.org) & about how I would promote that as Miss Texas International. I was also asked about the Rockets, the city of Houston, law school, & just myself in general (for those who are pageant contestants reading this, I know you’re interested in case you want to compete!) They were all really friendly, & I was surprised to see Erin Golden, Miss International 2009, as one of the judges! She is so beautiful & was really sweet J

In my interview suit - always posing!



After interview, we met in the lobby of the hotel & took the hummer limo on the short little ride down to River Center Mall for autograph signing & then walked over to the Alamo. Since I was wearing my Houston banner, many people stopped me to say Hi (one lady even hugged me!) & to take pictures, which was really cool.

At the autograph table

Miss Texas International 2009, Miss Ft Worth, Miss Denton, myself, & Miss Dallas

After that we had some free time! Mom & I went to lunch with Jessica, Miss Denton Int’l, & had lots of fun getting to know her! Then a little shopping had to be done – after all we were in a mall! Then all the contestants met for a boat cruise around the Riverwalk. I had forgotten how beautiful San Antonio is! Our tour guide was funny & the historic info she provided on the cruise was neat. There are also lots of cool restaurants. I want to go back for a date with Sebastien!

I was beat after that – after all I am 26! Lol – so Mom & I got a quick bite, then to bed.

Sunday
We had 8am rehearsal – early! The choreographers were really nice & fun, & the dance was really cute! Rehearsals were all day (8 – 3:30 w/ a lunch break), and then the pageant began!

It started with the on-stage question. I was kind of nervous about this part because I was losing my voice & didn’t want to sound nervous – ironic! Haha. But it went well. My question was about early detection & why it’s important to my platform & how I would spread this message as Miss Texas International – nailed it! Then it was smooth sailing - opening number, fitness wear, fun fashion, evening gown.  I never get nervous for any part of a pageant except on-stage question. It’s just so unpredictable!

I felt really good about everything going into the crowning because I had done my best, so I couldn’t ask for anything more! I ended up placing first in every category – a “clean sweep” as my Momma called it – so that was really awesome.

I am so very excited about beginning to make some appearances as Miss Texas International & of course to represent our wonderful state at Miss International in July!!! Thanks everyone for the support & well wishes – many more pictures to come, but here are a few from after the crowning!

Me with Erin, Miss International 2009

With Kelli, Miss Dallas 2010 & my first runner-up!

The 3 division winners - myself, Mrs - Natalie, & Teen - Sydney


Thanks again to everyone, & I'm looking forward to the National Pageant in Chicago!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment