Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What I'm Reading Now...


So I finally finished reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown thanks to a couple flights & a long layover I had recently. It was....good. Not great, just good. I had heard from multiple people that it was sooooo good & a "you-can't-put-it-down" type of book like The DaVinci Code. I disagree. It was definitely not bad but nothing that I need to read again. I really like that it took place in Washington, DC though because I knew just about all the places they were exploring, etc. Yay DC! I was anticipating finishing the book on the airplane (and then what would I do??) so I bought another one at the airport bookstore.

Now, it doesn't really matter to me WHAT bookstore I'm in - I could always stay for hours. When I go to 1/2 Price Books, I have to allow myself an entire afternoon because I can't just go in with one book in mind and walk right back out. And even though I had many books waiting for me back home, I got caught up in the wonderfulness that was the bookstore & just had to get another! I saw lots that looked good (and LOTS more that looked terrible), but I kind of wanted something different & something that took me to a different time & place. As you may know, I really like SciFi books - magic, worlds that are created by the author, mystical creatures...all that mature stuff that you would expect a law school graduate/beauty queen/27 year-old to like! HA. 

The book that I chose is not science fiction, but I feel like it has almost the same effect. It takes the reader to a different world because of the time period with different types of characters than a book set "today." So, I chose...


The Other Boleyn Girl
by Philippa Gregory

I'm really excited to start this one (ends up I didn't finish my first book on the plane because I fell alseep!), but I am also excited to FINISH this one because then I can see the movie! I know everyone knows the rule - "don't see the movie til you've read the book" - right?? That goes for ALL books that are made into movies. I would say 99.9% of the time, books are better! Oh and it doesn't hurt that Eric Bana is in the movie... yummy!

I still have other books on my shelf too that I'm excited to read - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (started it twice...couldn't get past 30 pages, we'll see) & Tea Rose (recommended by my Boost). I'm making it a point starting......NOW to read a little each & every night. Challenge accepted!

Happy Reading!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. It is really good! Definitely can't put that down!

    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo does take time (it took me about 100 pages to get into it.) But once you do, it is incredible.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I liked THE OTHER BOLYN GIRL too! The movie was eh....but then I started watching the Tudors on Netflix (which I guess is very loosely based on history) and that was fun too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete